Quick Carrot Cake
The carrot cake is delicious, has an amazing texture, and it is very easy to make!
- Baking tin (the quantities are for 20cm * 30cm rectangular tin);
- Kitchen scale;
- Mixing bowl;
- Food processor with a grating function (or a hand grater).
- 250g butter;
- 4 eggs;
- 340g sugar (the regular one will do, but dark brown sugar is wonderful);
- 400g self-raising flour;
- 400g grated carrots;
- a pinch of salt.
- Up to 250g raisins/sultanas/candied orange peel (optional);
- Cardamom, nutmeg (optional).
- Peel and grate carrots;
- Pre-heat the oven at 190C;
- Melt butter;
- Sift flour in a bowl, add sugar and a pinch of salt, and mix well; Add grated carrots and mix again;
- Mix eggs with melted butter, then add the mixture to the bowl with flour etc., and mix so that the batter becomes homogeneous,;
- Add raisins/sultanas/candied orange peel;
- Put batter in the baking tin;
- Bake at 190C for 45 minutes.
Leave a Reply